Biking 4 Biodiversity
On a mission to cycle across over 20 countries to discover and share initiatives and the people behind them, who dedicate their lives to the protection of biodiversity.
“A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”Edward Abbey, author and environmentalist
Biking4Biodiversity aims to connect people, initiatives and projects who dedicate their lives to the protection of biodiversity. The aim of this project is to capture what is happening to biodiversity across Europe and Asia, what is important to protect the biodiversity of these versatile landscapes, what current projects and initiatives in the field focus on and what are the ways in which local communities protect biodiversity along our route.
Our conservation journey so far
If you see this after your page is loaded completely, leafletJS files are missing.
Our latest articles
- Protected: From rescue centre to conservation breedingThis content is password protected.
- What every protected area should have: a lesson from the Central Highlands of VietnamAs we visit the Vietnamese Kon Chu Rang Nature Reserve, we understand what NGOs do here to build up an effective protected area management in an area that has lacked sufficient law enforcement and community awareness in the past.
- Here’s why primates in Central Vietnam are recoveringGreenViet is taking action to secure the future of red-shanked douc langurs and help communities respect biodiversity in Central Vietnam.
- BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh – where bile bears find a happy endThe BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh gives a new home to bears that grew up in horrible conditions to extract their bile.
- Turning the tide for Vietnam’s primatesVietnam is home to highest diversity of primate species on the South-East Asian mainland. However, 90% of these spectacular designs of nature are facing extinction threats due to the high demand for wild meat and wildlife parts used in traditional medicine. The Endangered Primate Rescue Center focuses on the rescue, rehabilitation, breeding, and release of Vietnam’s rare primates, many of which have been confiscated from wildlife traffickers.
Who we are
The decision to go on a several-month cycling tour was made in the early months of 2021, and as avid environmentalists and adventurers, we could not be frightened even by the raging pandemic. And so it is happening. In April 2022, we started our biking documentary trip from Germany to Singapore. The plan is simple: taking our bikes on an over 20,000 km-long journey across 20 countries to discover and share, how humans tackle the main drivers of biodiversity loss, and what we can learn from each other along the way.
Support our cause
With your kind support, we can make this journey happen. With your donation, you can help us with the pedaling, writing, photographing, researching and connecting with people everywhere we go. And in the end, you’ll contribute to making Biking4Biodiversity a trip that makes a true impact. Thank you for being our horsepowers hidden in the bike frame!
Our newest Instagram posts @biking4biodiversity